Kristine A. Sexter is an industrial and organizational consultant who has devoted over 19 years to studying success and professional commitment. As an award-winning consultant in recruiting, developing and retaining top talent, she is nationally renowned as a professional speaker, consultant, and columnist and is the author of six books, including “Rolling Out the Recognition: Employee Retention Strategies for Manufacturers.”
Subscribe to Quest for the Best
Apple | Google | TuneIn| Stitcher | Radio Public | SoundCloud | Spotify
3 Key Points:
- To find the best employees you need to have a core value system so you know EXACTLY who you want in your company
- Being a sought-after employee requires consistency, a proactive mindset, and being a team player
- Your employees must be your best customer. They interact the most with your customers.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
- [02:10] – Kristine shares her insider information from her experience as a corporate recruiter
- [04:23] – Listen to the horror stories of employees
- The worst stories are when an employee actually dies!
- Simple safety procedures actually make the difference between life and death
- [06:30] – Coworkers with annoying habits
- The magic words you should use when you approach a coworker that annoys you and it’s an awkward or delicate moment
- What to say if your coworker has a problem with flatulence!
- [10:55] – Make sure you don’t offend your coworkers
- It’s rare people will be awkward, but you can prevent awkwardness with this one simple phrase
- [13:08] – The components to becoming an exceptional, irreplaceable employee
- Reliable, consistent, proactive and team oriented employees are a precious commodity
- How to handle missing days or being late without it affecting your reputation
- [17:06] – Should you ask questions if you don’t understand a project or try to figure it out on your own?
- Have an outside or 3rd party to be able to bounce ideas off of
- [18:37] – Why it’s critical for employees to have and take initiative within a company
- Identify, articulate and offer two viable solutions to potential problems without being asked
- [21:50] – How do you know when to stay at a company or cut ties and find a different company to work for…
- Core Values must be identified as both an employee and employer
- Working with a company is like a marriage. It must be a good fit with mutual benefit and respect
- [23:41] – How top companies define their core values and use them to differentiate themselves to attract top talent
- Companies must know what they’re looking for, not what they don’t want
- Employers need to market their culture to attract top talent as much as they market their products and services
- [27:30] – How small businesses and entrepreneurs can attract top talent when they offer a job opening
- Reputation is gold. It’s earned and marketed through different avenues including social media
- The one question you must ask to get the right perspective
- [30:32] – What causes customer service to decline and how to combat this problem
- How Chick-fil-a® has mastered the customer service model AND keep good talent
- Pay people fairly, treat them as your number one customer, and treat them with respect!
- [33:38] – Kristine shares her most outlandish employee story!
- Have you ever gone to work without shoes?
- [35:25] – The best advice Kristine has ever received
- [36:54] – Why LinkedIn is the most underutilized approach for recruiting and why you need a LinkedIn profile as soon as you have your first job
- [38:43] – What book Kristine absolutely says you need to read!
- [39:37] – Connect with Kristine Sexter
1) The Goal Setting Guide: Learn how to set goals and actually accomplish them within 90 days!
2) The Novo Method Success Pack: Create rapid success by learning how to overcome your mental blocks… then build your best body using my proven nutrition, cardio, and weight training program.