Elizabeth Hamilton-Guarino is a 20-year recognized leader in personal development and the founder and CEO of The Best Ever You Network – a brand with more than one million followers in social media and over two million radio downloads on The Best Ever You Show. In 1998, Elizabeth nearly lost her life due to an allergic reaction to almonds. In 1999, she had a second near-fatal allergic reaction while pregnant with her third son. She co-founded the Food Allergy Zone to find a cure and the cause of food allergies. Her book, PERCOLATE – Let Your Best Self Filter Through (Hay House, 2014) has been called “charming” by Publisher’s Weekly, with “an ingenious extended coffee metaphor.”
Subscribe to Quest for the Best
3 Key Points:
- Ground Yourself in Gratitude to overcome any roadblock in your life
- There’s incredible power in personal responsibility
- Get checked for food allergies. Even if you don’t have any life-threatening allergies, odds are you have symptoms you don’t even know about that are severely impacting your quality of life.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
- [02:26] – Elizabeth explains how she handled her incredible life-changing events when she almost died!
- [04:25] – Elizabeth explains how it felt to come to the edge of death and back, and why that was an incredible moment for her to become stronger
- You can’t outgrow allergies… in fact, the often get worse with each exposure!
- [07:10] – When Elizabeth found out she had life-threatening food allergies she hid it from others
- She was embarrassed to even go out with friends because she was worried about how people would react
- When Elizabeth eats out, she has to be vigilant and on guard for her life
- One of the hardest parts is not eating things that good friends make for you
- [12:03] – Why you should ALWAYS carry epinephrine if you have life-threatening food allergies
- Kids can die if they have a food allergy and don’t have an IMMEDIATE remedy
- [16:44] – How to overcome the fear of stigma or “not fitting in” if you have any type of limitation or specific need
- Elizabeth shares her pivotal moment about how she developed her resilience after her father had a stroke
- Her father’s will helped Elizabeth to stop feeling sorry for herself
- [21:26] – Elizabeth explains how YOU can overcome any “disaster” or circumstance in your life
- Why it’s important to absolutely be grateful in your life… even if it’s just for being able to breathe right now
- When life isn’t perfect it’s important to have tools to use in order to overcome any diversity or obstacle
- [23:42] – How to be grateful… even if you don’t think you have anything to be grateful for
- [25:18] – How you can take responsibility and make small, consistent choices that will change your life!
- This includes being aware that something needs to change and then taking action – even when it’s not perfect
- [26:35] – Why responsibility is different from blame
- We’re all going to screw up, so cut yourself a little slack
- Comparing yourself to others blocks gratitude and keeps you in depression
- [30:06] – No matter what’s going on… you can still make a difference in other people’s lives, which will empower and heal you in many ways!
- When you step out of your own zone and help others, you learn so much about life and about yourself
- [32:40] – One key success tool if you’re battling addiction
- one of the most powerful things a person can do is stop drinking anything but water! (Wow!)
- [34:48] – How to find the right doctor to do allergy testing
- You may need to get a referral to an allergy specialist
- You should get your blood work done to expose your food allergies
- [37:42] – How to control your food allergies
- You should eliminate foods, but there are ways to “cheat” so that you still eat foods you love and have a normal and satisfied life
- [39:48] – Elizabeth share’s her parting piece of advice and how you can get in touch with her or get her book!
1) The Goal Setting Guide: Learn how to set goals and actually accomplish them within 90 days!
2) The Novo Method Success Pack: Create rapid success by learning how to overcome your mental blocks… then build your best body using my proven nutrition, cardio, and weight training program.