Bobby Umar is an inspirational speaker, coach, and one of the most prolific advocates of heart-based leadership in North America. Inc Magazine named him one of the Top 100 Leadership Speakers, alongside such noteworthy giants as Richard Branson, Brené Brown, John Maxwell and Robin Sharma. He is one of the top social media influencers in the world, with over half a million followers. To date, his social media influence has garnered over 1 billion impressions.
Subscribe to Quest for the Best
Apple | Google | TuneIn| Stitcher | Radio Public | SoundCloud | Spotify
- Harry Potter
- How to Network Anytime, Anywhere, with Anyone
- Bobby’s Website
- Speaking Academy
- Branding Academy
3 Key Points:
- You must provide exceptional content that resonates with your specific audience if you want to grow your empire online and get noticed.
- Always adapt, grow, and assess your initiatives to figure out which ones are the best and how to constantly improve.
- To network successfully, you need to get past the negative voice in your head, have a plan & tactics, and have a purpose.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
- [02:02] – Bobby shares his strategy to evolve, learn and grow
- Continue to evolve into new avenues
- Stay on purpose, but don’t get caught up in the path
- Always be learning the new trends
- [04:02] – When making decisions, it’s really important to test trends against data
- Bobby explains how he analyzes decisions and trends
- You must adapt as you go along and as you figure out what areas work the best
- [05:50] – Bobby shares how to find the RIGHT people that can help guide you and give you the right advice
- You need to get past the posers and figure out who’s authentic
- Content will tell you if a person is for real
- Creating video content and blogs are vital
- [08:58] – Three ways people struggle with networking and how to network anytime, anywhere
- Bobby explains the 3-tier approach to network successfully
- You need the right mindset, know how to enter into a conversation, and understand how to follow up
- [12:24] – How to approach people and enter into conversations at an event
- Bobby shares some great introductions and ice-breakers
- You can use bobby’s power words to start the conversation
- [15:22] – Bobby explains his system for keeping in touch with certain people he wants to stay connected with
- There’s a key way to use LinkedIn to categorize, tag and rate your connections and come up with a plan to stay connected
- Always provide tremendous value for others
- [20:52] – How to create exceptional content to create a brand and tribe
- Find out what your audience wants
- Figure out the “why” for you and your target audience
- What’s your audience’s pain point?
- [22:48] – Bobby explains the difference between curating and creating content
- Consider using the 80/20 rule on curation vs. creation
- [24:48] – Bobby explains why you don’t need to be an expert to have good information. When you create content, some can be research-based and some can be experience-based
- You should have the right brand
- You can draw upon your experience and intuition
- It’s not just what you say, but also how you say it
- [27:56] – What the best thought-leaders do to create their content and build their brand
- Bobby shares – in one sentence – the formula for success
- [29:04] – Bobby explains why speaking and branding are crucial for success in any part of your life and how to get started
- Personal branding allows you to create purpose, alignment, and a legacy
- Speaking is the gateway to success. It helps with networking, content, sales and branding
- [31:30] – There are two certainties in life: you’ll deal with people, and you’ll always be giving presentations
- Many presentations are as simple as talking with friends or convincing people to do something simple like go to a movie
- [32:24] – The best piece of advice Bobby has ever received
- [32:53] – What bobby attributes to his ability to create success
- [33:26] – The one book Bobby recommends for leadership.
1) The Goal Setting Guide: Learn how to set goals and actually accomplish them within 90 days!
2) The Novo Method Success Pack: Create rapid success by learning how to overcome your mental blocks… then build your best body using my proven nutrition, cardio, and weight training program.