Lori is an extremely in-demand graphic designer whose studio has been creating award-winning, sales-generating direct mail, space advertising, web/online promotions and design for more than 20 years. Her clients include such prestigious names as Hyatt Hotels, Kay Jewelers, Forbes, The Motley Fool, Oprah Winfrey’s Harpo Productions and National Geographic.
Subscribe to Quest for the Best
Apple | Google | TuneIn| Stitcher | Radio Public | SoundCloud | Spotify
Some of the links below are affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you. Please understand that I have experience with all of these companies, and I recommend them because they are helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
3 Key Points:
- Why readability is one of the most important parts of design and how to ensure your website or ad looks amazing while getting your reader to engage
- Why the simple ads often outperform the “best looking” ads
- The key points every website must have… and the best way to design a website from scratch
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
- [00:56] – What “copywriting” and “direct response” is and how it is different than what most people think advertising is.
- [03:40] – Why most small businesses and entrepreneurs waste their money on “bad advertising” and they never even realize it. (What Lori shares will clarify why “direct response” produces so much more ROI and the ONE KEY ELEMENT you need in your ads.)
- [09:38] – CASE STUDY: how to design a squeeze page to drive action on your website. (Lori dispels some of the most counterintuitive mistakes we all make!)
- [15:53] – The colors and fonts you should NEVER use on a website or flyer… and how to choose the right fonts for your design
- [22:04] – The colors and fonts to use (and to avoid) in a headline. (These are incredible tips that will make any ad or website look amazing)
- [24:50] – How our advertising and messaging has changed in the 21st century… and why “quiet advertising” is often better than “loud advertising”
- [26:40] – How to create a “subtle” ad (or website) that creates interest and curiosity… and ultimately causes your prospect to take action
- [32:32] – Where to start when designing a website… and how to simplify this process. (Get Lori’s examples where she explains how to design a site in just a few minutes!)
- [39:20] – How to use “eye catchers” so your readers’ eyes automatically go down the page and keep reading
- [41:03] – How a dentist would use the tips and tactics from this interview
- [45:10] – The biggest mistake people make with design… and how you can get in touch with Lori if you have any questions!
1) The Goal Setting Guide: Learn how to set goals and actually accomplish them within 90 days!
2) The Novo Method Success Pack: Create rapid success by learning how to overcome your mental blocks… then build your best body using my proven nutrition, cardio, and weight training program.