During his more than 15 year career as a Television and Film producer, Brant has created, developed, sold and produced more than 300 television projects across nearly every network, cable, and digital channel. Prior to launching his own production company in 2016, Brant was the Senior Vice President of Discovery Communication’s TLC Channel and the President and COO of 3 Ball Entertainment, one of the world’s largest production companies, with smash hits like The Biggest Loser, Bar Rescue, Master Chef, and Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition.
Subscribe to Quest for the Best
3 Key Points:
- What “The 3-Minute Rule” is and why it’s so important. (And why humans have such a short attention span these days!)
- The difference between “The Pitch” and “The Content” and why you have to know this difference if you want to be successful. (This is a key distinction you need to know!)
- How to apply Brant’s method to you website to get people to engage and pay attention.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
- [01:01] – What “The 3-Minute Rule” is and why it’s so important. (And why humans have such a short attention span these days!)
- [05:01] – The 4 questions you must answer in order to persuade anyone. (This is a “rationalization story” that every human being makes in their head)
- [09:28] – Why “stories” are the best way to keep someone’s attention and get them to listen to you. (And why you should never actively sell someone!)
- [11:35] – How to create a “hook” for your story and present it so your “customer” automatically comes to the same hook or conclusion. (This is the tactical “how to pitch” info.)
- [14:10] – Why this “pitch” method is one of the most important things you can learn… NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE. (We are all in “sales” and learning how to communicate will allow you to get almost anything out of life!)
- [15:40] – Why a “quiet confidence” and message for your product or service is exponentially more powerful in today’s “loud” marketplace. (The instinct is to be louder, but this is actually the WRONG thing to do.)
- [17:55] – How to apply Brant’s method to you website to get people to engage and pay attention.
- [19:32] – MAJOR DISTINCTION: Once you get past the initial “3-minute” phase, your customer is in the “engagement phase”. (And this is when you can get down to the long pitch and details.)
- [21:41] – What the “and then” story telling formula is… and why it’s the most powerful way to keep a person’s attention and create interest
- [23:26] – The power in separating everything you want to say with what really needs to be said. (And how Brant learned this lesson while he was pitching against Simon Cowell and Mark Burnett.)
- [27:12] – The difference between “The Pitch” and “The Content” and why you have to know this difference if you want to be successful. (This is a key distinction you need to know!)
- [29:50] – The 2 phases of pitching and converting a client… and how to transition between the two. (Most people skip phase 1 and lose their clients or prospects!)
- [32:38] – A case study with BonJovi and how Brant had to use his methods to get a “green light” for a massively successful reality show. (This story is incredible and you find out how to “use your negatives”!)
- [38:32] – Brant’s charitable causes including rescue animals, St. Jude’s Children’s hospital, and at-risk teens… and how you can help too!
- [40:34] – How to get in touch with Brant and get his book
1) The Goal Setting Guide: Learn how to set goals and actually accomplish them within 90 days!
2) The Novo Method Success Pack: Create rapid success by learning how to overcome your mental blocks… then build your best body using my proven nutrition, cardio, and weight training program.