For the last ten years Scott Young has been experimenting to find out how to learn and think better. His new book – Ultra Learning – incorporates the latest research about the most effective learning methods and the stories of other ultra-learners like himself—among them Ben Franklin, Judit Polgár, and Richard Feynman, as well as a host of others, such as little-known modern polymaths like Nigel Richards who won the World Championship of French Scrabble—without knowing French.
Subscribe to Quest for the Best
3 Key Points:
- There are 9 specific ways to learn things… and many of them are counterintuitive
- The “transfer method” is one of the most important ways you can speed up your learning process
- “Free recall” is one of the best ways to remember and learn things but most people misunderstand this technique and do the opposite.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
- [00:44] – How Scott got an MIT degree in just months and learned four languages in less than a year!
- [02:50] – The principles to learn things fast… and how Scott accidentally discovered these secrets on a trip to France. (This is so incredible, and you’ll find the most important way to jump-start your learning abilities – even if you’re not smart or skilled!)
- [06:45] – How to apply these secret principles of learning to anything in life… and… how you can take these simple principles and easily start using them today.
- [12:02] – Why the “transfer” principle will go against everything you think you know about learning… and how it will change the way you learn everything going forward. (This principle is one of the key reasons most people struggle to learn things.)
- [14:31] – The things people learn badly… and what you need to change if you want to create ultra-learning. (You can use the “dial method” to prevent falling into this trap.)
- [17:16] – The best way to learn something when you’re teaching yourself and you want to learn it fast. (This key will unlock your brain’s potential for learning and retaining skills and knowledge.)
- [20:40] – How to learn anything you want… even when you don’t have any time. (You can still do this if you’re working a full-time job and have a family!)
- [23:30] – The most important technique to learn something extremely fast
- [25:05] – The shocking results of the research study which reveals the two biggest mistakes we make when trying to learn something… and… the best way to learn instead. (99.99% of people make these mistakes and prevent themselves from learning something!)
- [27:30] – Why “free recall” is the best way to strengthen your memory, but is the least-known way to learn and study.
- [29:40] – The most important thing you can start doing right now to enhance your learning ability
- [31:19] – How you can get Scott’s new book Ultra-Learning and find out how to learn anything quickly and easily!
1) The Goal Setting Guide: Learn how to set goals and actually accomplish them within 90 days!
2) The Novo Method Success Pack: Create rapid success by learning how to overcome your mental blocks… then build your best body using my proven nutrition, cardio, and weight training program.