Jason Feifer is editor-in-chief of Entrepreneur magazine and host of two podcasts. He was previously an editor at Fast Company, Men’s Health, Maxim, and Boston, and has written for New York, ESPN, Slate, GQ, New York Times, Washington Post, The Guardian, and others. A novel he cowrote with his wife, Mr. Nice Guy, will come out on October 16, 2018, from St. Martin’s Press.
Subscribe to Quest for the Best
3 Key Points:
- You need to be comfortable with being uncomfortable if you want to succeed.
- It’s dangerous to label yourself or give yourself an identity because it will end up limiting you. Instead, be willing to constantly re-define yourself.
- There isn’t a “one size fits all” path to success. You need to find your own style and experiment with your ideas and feedback to constantly adjust and become more successful.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
- [02:14] – The Number 1 thing that makes a good entrepreneur!
- Strong entrepreneurs understand that if they’re in a comfortable spot, they aren’t going to do so well
- The job a leader is to constantly change
- [04:36] – Don’t limit yourself to one identity
- What Malcolm Gladwell says
- [06:06] – When you should cut best-selling products that can pigeon hole you
- [09:58] – Why entrepreneurs must constantly reinvent themselves
- A successful entrepreneur must live in “permanent beta”
- If you think of yourself as a finished product, everyone else will pass you by
- [12:00] – What Blockbuster failed to do that caused them to die.
- [14:58] – How to find your own path as an entrepreneur
- Don’t focus on specific behaviors
- Work on your ideas and constantly adjust based on feedback
- [21:28] – How to tell when to listen to rejection and when to ignore rejection…
- How to do enough research to let the market tell you the truth about your product
- [25:37] – When to give up on a product vs. modify it and try again.
- How to figure out a way to see through the natural lifespan of an idea
- [32:06] – How to handle the right idea at the wrong time…
- [33:18] – Why is Jason Feifer writing a novel about romance and sex!?
- Tune in to hear the details 🙂
- [35:20] – Why you should constantly expand your skill sets
- How focusing on mastering one skill set will kill your growth
- [39:20] – Why it’s important to make yourself available.
- Being available to people allows you to learn from them
- A simple contact can lead to many more contacts
- [35:41] – Check out Jason’s New book: Mr. Nice Guy.
1) The Goal Setting Guide: Learn how to set goals and actually accomplish them within 90 days!
2) The Novo Method Success Pack: Create rapid success by learning how to overcome your mental blocks… then build your best body using my proven nutrition, cardio, and weight training program.