Ethan Mollick is a Professor of Management at Wharton, where he studies innovation and entrepreneurship. His research includes papers on the role of founding team members in the success of startups; the way in which communities of users come together to innovate; and the factors that drive the performance of entrepreneurial companies. He co-authored a book on the intersection between video games and business that was named one of the American Library Association’s top ten business books of 2009. And he has just written a new book for entrepreneurs called The Unicorn’s Shadow.
Subscribe to Quest for the Best
Some of the links below are affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you. Please understand that I have experience with all of these companies, and I recommend them because they are helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
3 Key Strategies You’ll Discover:
- Why you should NOT mimic entrepreneurs like Steve Jobs or Bill Gates.
- The simple steps 99% of entrepreneurs miss (that causes them to fail).
- How to “test” your idea and audience by “selling” to see how it works.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
- [01:02] – Why the entrepreneurs we normal think of (Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, etc…) are actually the exception… and mimicking them can actually cause us to fail.
- [05:24] – How every entrepreneur SHOULD start out if you want to create a successful business… and how most entrepreneurs ACTUALLY start out (and the pieces they miss!)
- [10:46] – How to implement sales and pitching the right way… and why it’s not what you think! (You should NOT do any marketing until you complete this step!)
- [14:45] – How to “test” your idea and audience by “selling” to see how it works. (This is NOT marketing… and one of the best tips you’ll ever hear to test your business idea to see if it will work and who your best audience really is.)
- [19:00] – How to get in front of your “ideal customer” to speak with them and interview them so you can determine if your idea is good… and if they are really your dream customer. (This will give you everything you need to launch… but 99% of entrepreneurs skip over it.)
- [31:22] – How to find Ethan’s Book and numerous free resources that you can use to create a successful business!
1) The Goal Setting Guide: Learn how to set goals and actually accomplish them within 90 days!
2) The Novo Method Success Pack: Create rapid success by learning how to overcome your mental blocks… then build your best body using my proven nutrition, cardio, and weight training program.