Michael Bungay Stanier is at the forefront of shaping how organizations around the world make being coach-like an essential leadership behavior and competency. His book The Coaching Habit is the best-selling coaching book of this century, with over 700,000 copies sold and 1,000+ five-star reviews on Amazon. In 2019, he was named the #1 thought leader in coaching, and was shortlisted for the coaching prize by Thinkers50, the “Oscars of management”.
Michael was the first Canadian Coach of the Year and has been named a Global Coaching Guru since 2014. He was a Rhodes Scholar.Michael is the Founder of Box of Crayons. Box of Crayons is a learning and development company that helps organizations transform from advice-driven to curiosity-led.
Subscribe to Quest for the Best
Apple | Google | TuneIn| Stitcher | Radio Public | SoundCloud | Spotify
Some of the links below are affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you. Please understand that I have experience with all of these companies, and I recommend them because they are helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
3 Key Strategies You’ll Discover:
- What “The Advice Monster” is and why it’s so dangerous to your own success
- The Number one key for coaching yourself effectively. (Michael reveals one of the best tips you’ll EVER hear… and that you can do right now – this instant.).
- Michael’s “secret weapon” to get out of your own head and create an objective perspective for your own business!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
- [00:48] – What “The Advice Monster” is and why it’s so dangerous to your own success
- [02:35] – When you should give someone advice… and when you should NOT give advice. (You’ll learn a key concept about “curiosity” and why it can be so effective – especially with getting more clients.)
- [06:35] – How to find the right balance between “guidance” and “curiosity” and how this applies when you’re coaching yourself in business (and in life)… (Plus, Michael explains how this concept has created some of the strongest professional sports teams!)
- [09:45] – The Number one key for coaching yourself effectively. (Michael reveals one of the best tips you’ll EVER hear… and that you can do right now – this instant.)
- [14:37] – Michael’s “secret weapon” to get out of your own head and create an objective perspective for your own business!
- [18:00] – How to create a mastermind group that will keep you focused, give you perspective, and accelerate your progress! (This is so easy, you’ll be able to do this in a couple of days)
- [22:53] – How to prevent falling into the “trap” of getting someone’s program or books… AND NOT FOLLOWING THROUGH!
- [26:02] – How you can find Michael and his books… and his parting piece of advice
1) The Goal Setting Guide: Learn how to set goals and actually accomplish them within 90 days!
2) The Novo Method Success Pack: Create rapid success by learning how to overcome your mental blocks… then build your best body using my proven nutrition, cardio, and weight training program.