Martin Rooney is the founder of Training For Warriors. An internationally recognized trainer, speaker, author and pioneer of strength and conditioning, Martin holds a Master of Health Science and Bachelor of Physical Therapy from the Medical University of South Carolina. He also holds a Bachelor of Arts in Exercise Science from Furman University.
Martin was a four-time All Conference, and four-time MVP performer in Track and Field at Furman and a member of the United States Bobsled team. Following his exposure to MMA in the mid 1990s, Martin began training with Renzo Gracie and started training fighters shortly afterward. Since the foundation of the TFW system, Martin has traveled around the world to train, compete, and conduct seminars and help prepare world class athletes and coaches.
Subscribe to Quest for the Best
Some of the links below are affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you. Please understand that I have experience with all of these companies, and I recommend them because they are helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
3 Key Strategies You’ll Discover:
- Why everyone is a coach to someone and the importance of how you use your words. (They can heal others or cut them down so you must be very careful.)
- Where to start to find your passion and your “greatness”. (This is how to discover what you’re good at – even if you don’t think you have any gifts.)
- How to know when to change careers, quit your job, leave a relationship, or anything else to pursue your passion… without making a big mistake or putting yourself (or others) at risk.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
- [01:02] – Why “staying the course” is a fundamental skill for becoming successful… and how long Martin has been coaching and working with professional athletes
- [01:56] – How Martin has successful grown his training business all over the world. And why this global reach is so important for impact and legacy
- [02:54] – The 3 biggest lessons Martin has learned over his 20 year business journey… and what you can learn from his mistakes
- [06:01] – Where to start to find your passion and your “greatness”. (This is how to discover what you’re good at – even if you don’t think you have any gifts.)
- [10:20] – How to know when to change careers, quit your job, leave a relationship, or anything else to pursue your passion… without making a big mistake or putting yourself (or others) at risk.
- [17:32] – Why everyone is a coach to someone … and how to coach correctly and make your life about other people. (When you do this you will significantly increase your impact, relationships and success!)
- [22:45] – How to create an environment of growth and success for you and the people around you… and why you don’t have to be perfect to coach others. (This is the “mirror principle”.)
- [27:25] – The top 3 mistakes people make when they’re trying to get healthy, lose weight and transform their body.
- [34:47] – The most important advice you can get if you’re and entrepreneur or building a business. (Martin shares his most important tips from his 20 years of success!)
- [44:50] – How to find Martin’s book… and how to get a bunch of free bonuses with the book!
1) The Goal Setting Guide: Learn how to set goals and actually accomplish them within 90 days!
2) The Novo Method Success Pack: Create rapid success by learning how to overcome your mental blocks… then build your best body using my proven nutrition, cardio, and weight training program.