Kristy and Bryce are world-traveling early retirees. They used to live in one of the most expensive cities in Canada, but instead of drowning in debt, they rejected home ownership. What resulted was a 7-figure portfolio, which has allowed them to retire in their 30s and travel the world. Their story has been featured in media outlets all over the world, including New York Times, CBC, CNBC, Women’s Health Magazine Australia, Germany’s Handelsblatt, GQ Russia, and the UK Independent. They now spend time helping people with their finances and realizing their travel dreams on www.millennial-revolution.com..
Subscribe to Quest for the Best
- FireCalc – Retirement Calculator
- Nomad List –Travel Guide
- Simple path the wealth J.L. Collins
- Kristy Shen & Bryce Leung Blog
- Quit Like A Millionaire by Kristy Shen and Bryce Leung
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
3 Key Points:
- Buying a house these days may be one of the biggest mistakes people are making
- “Geographic Arbitrage” can allow you to retire and travel the world (and live very well) for less than it would cost you to live in a house.
- Everybody can retire and travel for less than they think… and… all it takes is using a few simple techniques.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
- [01:08] – How Kristy retired at 31 without any trust funds, real estate or a stock market homerun… and… how you can easily do the same!
- [06:25] – The mathematical equation to discover how much you need to retire… plus the single best way to start saving money to “hit the mark” and retire young.
- [09:40] – How “poverty fear” can be one of the best drivers to success! (And how you can develop this no matter who you are or what your background is!)
- [11:48] – Why “contrarian thinking” and “creative constraints” are a necessity in this new world and how to think differently to build our own amazing life. (Kristy explains why buying a house may be the biggest mistake people make these days!)
- [18:19] – How Kristy and her husband Bryce travel the world non-stop using “geographic arbitrage” as retirees and why you are probably closer to retiring than you think. (You actually might be able to retire in the next 5 years and start traveling the world with this trick!)
- [25:02] – What advice Kristy and Bryce give for someone in their 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s! (You’ll be shocked at the different advice they give for each age group… plus how to use “tax shelters” to increase your rate of return!)
- [29:55] – What Kristy and Bryce would do different if they could… and how you can get a copy of their new book: Quit Like A Millionaire (Plus… why you need to know what an index fund is)
- [31:26] – The best advice Kristy and Bryce ever received… and their answer will surprise you
- [32:58] – The special “habit” that allows Kristy and Bryce to travel the world as retirees… and… how you can do the same
- [35:20] – The internet resources you can use to “hack” your retirement and learn how to “live like a king” with less money than you may think!
- [37:09] – The one book Kristy and Bryce would recommend if you want to retire early and learn about investing
1) The Goal Setting Guide: Learn how to set goals and actually accomplish them within 90 days!
2) The Novo Method Success Pack: Create rapid success by learning how to overcome your mental blocks… then build your best body using my proven nutrition, cardio, and weight training program.