Albert-László Barabási is the Robert Gray Dodge Professor of Network Science and a Distinguished University Professor at Northeastern University, where he directs the Center for Complex Network Research. Network research is the science of finding relationships and networks between complex data. In this case – success. Laszlo has recently published the book “The Formula” where he reveals why certain people are successful and why others aren’t – despite working hard and following “success models.”
Subscribe to Quest for the Best
Apple | Google | TuneIn| Stitcher | Radio Public | SoundCloud | Spotify
3 Key Points:
- There are 5 keys that determine if someone will be successful or not, and they can be learned!
- If you’re performance will be judged by others, there is a very specific time you should perform that will lead to “winning”
- There are 2 key types of groups necessary for driving success and … depending on the type of group… they require vastly different types of group members…
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
- [01:44] –
Laszlo explains how he discovered the subtle differences and causes of
success – spanning over 120 years!
- Why normal books people write about their success are flawed and why you need to dig a deeper
- [05:14] – The determinants of success are broken down into 5 laws that you and I can easily learn!
- [06:08] – The formula actually explains what people do BEFORE success, what MAKES them successful, and how they KEEP their success
- [07:44] – Why you can work your tail off and still not become successful – what’s the determining factor?? Laszlo explains!
- [13:00] – Why success and performance has an extremely small difference between successful people and unsuccessful people… often you can’t even see the differences
- [15:27] – The 3 things you can do… RIGHT NOW… to test these laws and immediately implement the success laws!
- [17:29] –
How to create the right team to drive immense success
- There are two distinct types of teams – performance teams and creativity teams
- [22:30] – How the company – APPLE – utilizes both types of these teams to drive success
- [28:25] –
Why a single individual will receive credit for a group’s work and how
that credit is determined
- [31:52] – If you want credit, you will have to have done work before AND after the work to “prove” it was your intellectual journey
- [37:21] – A summary of the 3 critical laws you can do now
- [40:23] – The best advice Laszlo ever received
- [41:25] – The personal habit that has contributed most to Laszlo’s success
- [43:00] – The shocking discovery Laszlo made based on the 120 years of research of successful people
- [43:50] – The book Laszlo recommends for YOU to be successful
- [45:10] – How you can connect with Laszlo!
1) The Goal Setting Guide: Learn how to set goals and actually accomplish them within 90 days!
2) The Novo Method Success Pack: Create rapid success by learning how to overcome your mental blocks… then build your best body using my proven nutrition, cardio, and weight training program.